CORN AND POTATO CHOWDER
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ˝ inch pieces
1 cup fresh or home frozen corn kernels
1 medium onion, cut into ˝ pieces
1 large stalk of celery, cut into ˝ inch pieces
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
4 T olive oil
1 T butter (optional)
1. Sauté onion and celery in olive oil on low heat.
2. When onion is translucent (about 5 minutes) add potatoes and 2 cups of broth. Bring to a low boil, turn heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potato pieces are very soft.
3. Remove from heat and using a blender, blend mixture until creamy.
4. Add corn and the rest of the broth. Bring to a soft boil for about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in butter for a touch of rich flavor. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with hearty, country bread.