This is a basic, easy, slow-cooker recipe. Good by itself or over pasta
1 medium eggplant
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium onion peeled, thinly slice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium zucchini, sliced no more than 1/2 inch thick
1 medium green pepper sliced thin (or sweet yellow or red whatever you have)
5 medium tomatoes peeled and quartered or 1 can (28ounces) tomatoes drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (which I don't have later in summer, so I often leave this out)
1 t dried basil
½ t pepper
1) Peel eggplant and cut into 1-inch cubes.
2) Heat oil in a large saucepot. Add onion and garlic and cook until almost tender.
3) Add eggplant, zucchini and green pepper; cook, stirring 2-3 minutes.
4) Transfer vegetables to your crock pot. Add tomatoes, parsley and dry seasonings, stir.
5) Cover, cook on low 8-10 hours.