IT'S A TURNIP
BASIC TURNIP RECIPE 1
1. Make thick slices and lay them in the bottom of a skillet.
2. Cover them with water and gently simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. Drain off the water and season with balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
4. If the balsamic is not sweet, add a little brown sugar. Also, at about the 20 minute point, you can add other stir fry items and finish them with the turnips.
BASIC TURNIP RECIPE 2
1. Cut turnips into pieces and mix with cut up potato. Cover with water and simmer about 30 minutes. Mash them up and add a little butter and salt and pepper.
2. An option is to turn them into a buttered baking dish, dot with butter and twice bake for about 15 minutes. This is probably my favorite.
TURNIP RECIPE 3
Add them to the mix with other root vegetables in a pot roast.